I’ve been intimidated by this build. I originally attempted to build it back in November, but I gave up almost immediately. It has a lot of pieces for a High Grade, and some of them are quite large. And most of them have a lot of surface details. I assumed it was going to take a lot of time to both plan and execute all the painting and detailing, and I wasn’t in the right headspace for that.
Here now, in the Spring of 2022, I am in a better place mentally, but early on this build was still an exercise in frustration. Over the years my family has gifted me many bottles of pink paint, and I’ve been waiting for this build to use them. Unfortunately I discovered that only a few of them were actually viable. Rather than panic or overthink it, I grabbed those colors and just used them. No planning, no thinking, just gut.
Doing so felt liberating, and the final result is, at the very least, good enough.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. First we have to start from the beginning.